Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Happy Mother's Day!

Slightly belated, but better late than never!

Happy Mother's Day to all my female readers. As a fellow female friend aptly shared, aunties deserve a Mother's Day wish too as they are like mothers to their nieces and nephews! *smiles*

So how did you celebrate Mother's Day? Frankly, I was more than happy to just do nothing on that day. The day before Mother's Day, my in-laws organized a kenduri tahlil and majlis menyambut Ramadhan at our home, and I baked four (yes four!) cakes for the occasion. (I'll share the recipes separately.) I could barely feel my feet by the time the event was over.

I must have had an adventurous streak or something, because it was my first time with all four cake recipes! I made Pandan Gula Melaka cake with Swiss Meringue Buttercream, Rose Pistachio cake with Cream Cheese, Mango Cheesecake and Brownies Kedut.

The simple dessert table, nothing fancy whatsoever!

So when Sunday rolled in, all I wanted to do was just lay on the bed and do nothing! But still, my tummy rumbled for food so I decided to head down to find something to eat. As I was brushing my teeth, I heard Aiden (and his high pitched voice) squealing downstairs; something like "Quick, Mummy is coming down soon!" Suspecting something was up, I made a big fuss about coming downstairs, and Aiden actually ran up to block my way. I feigned confusion and asked why. He cheekily replied, "Erm.... I need to find some toys!" and insisted that I followed him to his room. *so cute*

As expected, the boys raided the refrigerator and similar to last year, they made a lovely breakfast in the garden, utilizing whatever they could find in the fridge. *chuckles*

Breakfast in the garden - nasi goreng, keropok lekor, and desserts courtesy of the cakes I baked the previous day.

Flowers were also something they picked up from around the house! Friso Gold graciously sent me a bunch of flowers for Mother's Day, and the boys shamelessly passed it off as their own. *chuckles*

After that, Hubby brought us all out for cake at Nutmeg in Bangsar Village 2. I asked, "Why sampai BV2 kita pegi carik cake?" Rupa-rupanya, ada udang di sebalik mee. He brought my to Fashionvalet and asked me to pick out anything that I wanted, as a present for Mother's Day. Awwww... so sweet! Thanks Hubby... who cares about recycled food for breakfast when you can have a shopping spree afterwards! *giggles*

Thank you boys!

Check out Ian's attempt to smile while showing his teeth!

On the way home, Aiden started complaining about why I get to receive a shopping spree for Mother's Day when he has to endure a hot day in school for Hari Kanak-Kanak! Aihhhh, kids nowadays! (He's actually pining for a fidget spinner which I promised to buy if he gets good results in his exams!)

Anyway, to my fellow mummies, Happy Mother's Day and may Allah reward you for all that you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you in advance for leaving a comment. ;) All comments are moderated. Liz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...