Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Countdown to Turning A Year Older



I'm back!!!

After spending the week in India, it's good to be back home. Although I love the business class seats and frequent flyer points, I honestly rather stay home and get squashed in bed by the kiddos all night long (worse than economy seats)!

Anyway, November is a special month for me, because yours truly was born on a historic day in this month. Although my birthday is a good one week away, my gang pagar sekolah decided to kick start my birthday celebrations before the school breaks for year end. (Frankly, I barely see the girls when it's the school holidays!)

Since our usual haunt was closed, we decided to visit the new cafe that had just opened at D'Bayu Bukit Jelutong. I had pretty low expectations, as I'm rarely blown away by any new joints that are simply mushrooming around town. But I must say, I was pretty impressed with the food. Real Pit Stop, Bukit Jelutong, you have my two thumbs up. Your Soft Shell Crab pasta was finger licking good, and your Nutella Oreo ice-blended was so rich, I'm still processing the calories. *giggles*

Nutella Oreo ice-blended. It even came with mini Chipsmore, 'glued' to the side of the glass with sticky chocolate.

Soft shell crab pasta... soooo good!

I had so much fun with the girls. I was especially touched with the gesture from Min, who baked a pretty birthday cake just for me. It was just the right size too, as we all managed to finish the whole thing in one sitting.

Petite chocolate cake.
Candle problems, due to the strong air-conditioning.

It's my first birthday! :P

Thank you ladies, for taking the time to celebrate my birthday (albeit a week too early). *chuckles* I am extremely blessed to have friends like you. Without you ladies, I may not be quite on top of Aiden's daily homework and school runs.

My takeaway thoughts from the birthday session today? Love your friends selflessly. Surround yourself with friends that offer you positive vibes. Friendship isn't simple, but don't cry over poor friendship choices. Love without judgement. At the end of the day, "You owe yourself the love you give so freely to other people."

Looking forward to turning a year older!

4 comments:

  1. happy bday in advance sis..

    jemput singgah my blogshop, ada sale instant shawl.. cantik2..

    http://mymodestycloset.blogspot.my/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday dear... I love Birthdays! Enjoy your month!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you in advance for leaving a comment. ;) All comments are moderated. Liz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...