Friday, January 22, 2016

Sugar Lace

I've been baking relentlessly these past few days. My sister in law is getting engaged tomorrow hence an engagement cake and a dessert table is in the works. (It's tough being the designated baker of the family!)

Engagement and wedding cakes are typically white in colour. This one is no different. However, instead of the usual flowers on the top kinda deal, I toyed around with the idea of making sugar laces. Those intricate edible laces can dress up a cake so beautifully, but I bet they won't be so easy to make.

After mulling over it for a while, I decided to take the plunge. Since I'm not done with all my baking just yet (!!!) I'll save the recipe and instructions for a separate post. I'll keep this one short and sweet, with pictures of the end result:






And some photos of the tedious yet so satisfying process:

Peeling the lace out from the mould. It was quite gratifying!

The intricate laces. Have a good (long!!!) weekend everyone!

8 comments:

  1. Omaigod you are so good! I've been your silent reader for more than a year. What attracted me first was your writing style. Then I like the way you decorated your house. Everything about the kids is of course an interesting read. You are really a wonderful woman. I wonder how one woman can kill them all; an engineer, a wife, a mother, a writer, an interior designer, an event organiser, a baker.. Keep writing Liz =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my, you are too generous with the compliments! From the bottom of my heart, thank you so much for reading my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. It's comments like these that keep inspiring me to write. Truthfully, I can't kill them all :p Thanks again.

      Delete
  2. Omg liz u r so talented in baking.ive been reading ur blogs even before u move to spk.i always keep coming back for ur updates haha.send my love to ian.i find him so cute...n aiden is so like u...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww a long term silent reader! Thank you for the compliments. You guys are the reason why I continue to write :) Aiden and Ian sends their love back at you too. Thanks for reading and leaving a comment!

      Delete
  3. i concur with the comment above :) this post is just so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, thank you! Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. You are awesome too! :)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you! In my humble opinion it needs more practice and improvement, but thanks for the vote of confidence ;)

      Delete

Thank you in advance for leaving a comment. ;) All comments are moderated. Liz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...