Thursday, October 30, 2014

Before Kids and After Kids

Before Kids and After Kids. Image courtesy of Google.

I howled with laughter when I found this!

Don't you think this is so true? Before I had Aiden, I always made sure I had the latest make up range, the best perfume, regular facial appointments and most importantly, threaded eye brows! I would carry small stylish handbags and walk gracefully around in stilettos.

After Aiden... it all went downhill! I couldn't go for my regular facials, spas and manicures because I would rush home to cuddle Aiden (and Ian). *rindu* Small handbags weren't practical anymore as I had to make sure I had sufficient space to stuff in spare diapers, milk bottles, snacks and of course, napkins. I don't even bother using my designer handbags as I couldn't bear the thought of drool, spit or spills on them. (I don't know which is worse - a stained handbag, or staring at those handbags looking unused and lonely in the cupboard.)

Before kids, I used to apply my makeup meticulously at home. Nowadays, I am an expert in putting on makeup while driving the car; I can even apply mascara with one hand. Shopping for new clothes? Don't bother! I shop for the kids more than I do for myself. God forbid that breast milk would spill on you, because talking from experience - no matter how much perfume you spray on yourself, it would never mask the smell. Scrunchies are my best friend so I can never cut my hair short because I need them long enough to pull into a ponytail. Well, it's either that or I don't even have time to go to the hair salon. Hmmm... I don't wear necklaces or dangly earrings as Ian loves to pull them into his mouth. And, don't even get me started on the saggy boobs and the post pregnancy pouch!

BUT! The kids make it all worth it. When I say "Aiden, I love you." and he answers "I love you more, Mummy", sape tak cair?? Who cares about how good I look, what matters most is that I am happy and the kids are happy!

Love,
Lizzieasamummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you in advance for leaving a comment. ;) All comments are moderated. Liz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...