Monday, July 7, 2014

Biduanita Sharifah Aini

I am sure everyone read the sad news that the legendary Sharifah Aini passed away due to complications from lung fibrosis. A sad day indeed for everyone and especially the entertainment industry.

I don't usually blog about artists unless I know them on some personal level. In this case, I met Sharifah Aini when she performed at my Dad's 75th birthday party. Although technically her performance ended right after the party, she graciously agreed to meet us in her room. She even asked to carry Aiden and happily posed for pictures. Carrying the title of Biduanita Negara did not change her humility. Looking back, I was starstruck and even impressed that she would make the time for us.

5 years ago, we posed with Sharifah Aini.

I know I said back then that this picture would probably be a historical piece. I never knew it would come true.

Al-Fatihah Sharifah Aini. Semoga roh beliau ditempatkan dikalangan orang-orang beriman.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you in advance for leaving a comment. ;) All comments are moderated. Liz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...