Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Two More Days!

It is two more days to Eid and here I am at 4 in the morning furiously beading my baju raya ketiga.

I had initially given up on any beading after beading the guinea pig baju kurung last week. Mainly because I was way too busy. I didn't feel like holding a needle and thread, knowing well enough that if I start, I would not be able to leave it half way. No way am I wearing a half beaded baju kurung, right?

But last night I accompanied my sister to pick up her baju raya from Citra (in Ampang Point). She had just returned from picking up another baju raya from Hatta Dolmat's shop and was moaning about her beads - how it wasn't dramatic enough, yada yada. Thankfully Hatta fixed her baju immediately and when she showed it to me, it was looking quite alright. But when we went to Citra, we were extremely disappointed when the beading was way way way too light. Way too light for the price she was paying. And Citra wasn't able to do anything about it as they didn't have time!

Immediately I felt like I could bead so much better than all these designers put together. Chewah. No, no I am exaggerating. I meant that I had this adrenaline rush to bead, thus explaining why I am still beading at this hour.

So what do you think of my latest beading project? Crumble beads lah konon...

And so all three of my baju raya for this year is done. Can't wait to wear them. Bring on the raya!!!

Selamat Hari Raya everyone. Salam Aidilfitri from Liz, Siddiq and Baby Aiden...

2 comments:

  1. thats nice beading lah babe. next year you buat for me lah! haha
    which remind me i need to repair a beading work too..sigh...bayar memahal..kena buat sendiri plak.

    citra ampang point mmg dah tak bagus. the "good" team moved to shah alam. pls take note.

    ReplyDelete
  2. D, I will take note, but I don't think I will ever ever ever tempah baju kat Citra lah. Giler mahal nak mampus. Except if I am earning 5 digits per month. And except if Aiden is getting married (which is eons away!)...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you in advance for leaving a comment. ;) All comments are moderated. Liz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...