Friday, May 28, 2010

We're in Singapore! Yeay!!

Sorry for the silent week. Work has been killing me even more than usual. We're in the midst of sending out a package of confidential documents for the project's competitve bidding and I am in the middle of it all - interfacing with everyone, (standing - we don't even have time to sit down) meetings to solve issues, editing input from others, proof reading every single line and even formatting them in the middle of the night. I've worked part time during the weekend for the past 3 weekends. I've been clocking in 10-12 hours each day for the past week and I have the eye bags to prove them! Just yesterday during a working community meeting, the boss mentioned about the work I was doing, even giving me special recognition - but alas I was to busy to even attend the meeting! (How was I to know that he was going to compliment me, kan?) Despite the hectic schedule, I am happy to be busy. I don't know how to do nothing. And being this important in a project gives me the confidence that at least, my job is secure!

The documents are currently 98% done. But my bags are packed, and I am ready to go. No way am I missing my holiday. I had already burned a pair of tickets to Singapore last week because of this dateline. And my boss cornered me at the exit two days ago and asked whether I could cancel my trip, in which I brilliantly and politely declined. No way, no how, no why was I going to burn the tickets again this week. I'm going! (Although I did promise my boss that I was going to work during the weekend - now how did he talk me into doing that??!!)


Well, we're here. And incidentally, it is the start of the Great Singapore Sale! (When I booked the tickets I didn't know that it was going to coincide with this amazing shopping event - I swear!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you in advance for leaving a comment. ;) All comments are moderated. Liz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...