Monday, March 15, 2010

Zang Toi at Pavilion

Yet another working day, and yet another enjoyable lunch. This time around, the office gang decided to try the Zang Toi Cafe in Pavilion. The location of the cafe is really convenient for us shopaholics as it was right smack in the middle of Parkson and just a floor away from the children's department (me and Widya's version of heaven).

I have to admit I was a bit hesitant about trying out the cafe. One: local designer shops are almost always overpriced. After forking out a fortune for my baju kahwin at Radzuan Radzwill, Bill Keith and Salikin Sidek, I made up my mind. Never again, at least until I earn 5 digits tolak commitments. And two: local designers who decide to try out something other than sewing fabric, is always a big no-no.

Imagine my surprise when I was wrong on both counts! Not only was it affordable, but it was also scrumptious to my taste buds!

This is the Zang Toi signature fruit punch. It actually had bits or orange peel in it! Didn't really enjoy this one mainly because the portion was too sikit. But I thought the printed glass was downright classy.

Beautiful ambience and set up. I love the chair covers with his name printed on it. Very classy!

Elegant decor with white walls and long hanging mirrors. Although I doubt Hubby would ever let any of these beautiful mirrors into our new house. Not just because of the price, but because of the style.

Each lunch set comes with a main dish, a drink and a dessert. All for around RM20. Perfect price for the service, the nyummy food and the location.

This is Widya's chicken chop. Crispy and full of flavour! Jalina thinks this is equally as delicious as the chicken chop at Full House. I agreed (while silently kicking myself for not ordering the same).

Jalina and I ordered the same spaghetti. Delicious, but not as satisfying as the chicken chop.

This is Liza's Nasi Lemak. Okay, can't say much about this. I mean, how different can a Nasi Lemak be, right?

Chocolate cake. Wasn't as great as the main meal, and I didn't like the ice-cream on its own. Tasted like medicine.

This is my Lime Tea cake. Don't ask me why they call it a tea cake. Maybe to be accompanied by tea?

The crepe. And the crepe wasn't crap at all! (Pun intended.)

And of course, Jalina had to have her dose of coffee. Zang Toi style!

And then it was back to work. With a full tummy (and heavy eyes) of course!

P.S: Googled the Zang Toi cafe before I wrote this piece, and found out that the cafe actually has a name: West 57th Street Cafe. And apparently they serve this really scrumptious, to-die-for, simply-have-to-try signature cake called the choco banana cake. It has layers and layers of pure goodness chocolate cake with fresh bananas stuffed in the middle, drizzled with warm chocolate sauce.

Okay, I simply have to try this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you in advance for leaving a comment. ;) All comments are moderated. Liz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...